12/15/09

simon j.

I like this guy. He's tiny and functions perfectly. I also like cuddling him and watching him smile. Soon he'll be able to do that consciously. I think we've bonded well. He's comfortable enough with me to poop into my hand as I was changing a wet diaper. Twice. I just think of it as a gift he's giving me. He doesn't have much else to give in the tangible sense, so he gives whatever way he can.

Speaking of season, Christmas does not seem that exciting anymore. My Christmas came two weeks ago in a hospital. Opening presents seems inconsequential compared to wiping my son's poop off of my hand. However, I do feel very blessed this season because of a wonderful wife that loves me and our son. She's a champion in everything she's doing. A super champ, I dare say. I love her and him.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Reading Family said...

He is cute, adorable, and perfect! You never realize how excited you can get over poop until you become a parent and start counting the number of poopy diapers and their content. He is the best gift ever and always will be!

Anonymous said...

Look at those cute baby cheeks he has on him! Man, I love that kid (and his cheeks)

Andrea, the little collector said...

What a cute kid. Man, poop as a gift? Lucky you! Hope to see him! Trying to put together a little shindig for Sunday. Won't you come and bring him too?