12/23/09

catch up

I'm done student teaching. I finished about a week early when my wife's water broke (by the way, I found it awesome that I could push on Lisa's belly and make her wet her pants while the amniotic fluid drained out). Ending so abruptly didn't give me a chance to say goodbye to those midgets, and I'm sad about that. I miss them, actually.

Time for a list:
1. If necessary, I could teach those midgets for a career.
2. They are more willing to trust what you say, which leads to some exciting anticipatory sets. High schoolers rarely trust what you say at first and don't get into it easily.
3. I severely disappointed the female midgets by naming my son Simon instead of Jacob, some bare-chested werewolf.
4. My CO2 car wasted all of the 8th graders' cars. I mean, .67 seconds compared to 1.22 seconds? No contest.
5. Students get beaten down all day long from many teachers (see number 4). They are just seeking approval and recognition for what they are doing. Give them that, and they change completely.
6. Teaching is really exciting and rewarding. I made a good career choice - sorry Pixar, I'm not heading your way.
7. It's finally snowing!

1 comment:

J.B. said...

Hooray for good teachers who love students AND teaching.