10/27/09

ehhs

I finished teaching at East Hollywood High School. It was a great experience. I learned to respect kids for who they are, and they will in turn respect you. Those kids were awesome and work harder than a lot of people think they do.

On my last day there I had them fill out a little paper where they wrote things they liked and didn't like about the class that I taught. Here are a few responses...

Like:
1. "You don't yell."
2. "I like you very motivating cuz u so cute."
3. "I enjoyed how you were really motivated to get us to work, even though we didn't."

Didn't Like:
1. "Gave Taylor a swear slip."
2. "I didn't like that this is your last day."
3. "I dislike nothing."
4. "You're a good teacher."

Other:
1. "I'm sort of neutral and don't know what to say."
2. "Hit the middle school kids, cuz they sucks."

Next week I start at a middle school in Provo. No more commuting!
(If you haven't kept up with things, we used to live in Murray for a year, and I rode the bus down to BYU. After moving back to Provo I have had to travel back up to Salt Lake to teach. I'm excited to get a little more sleep!)

3 comments:

Reading Family said...

Enjoy what sleep you will be getting for a while because once the little one comes that all changes again! Good luck with the middle school kids! You will do great!

J.B. said...

Hooray for more sleep. I'm so glad you enjoyed the high schoolers. Middle school kids are lame. But don't hit them.

word verification: tusilfi

Andrea, the little collector said...

Man. What did you have to give Taylor a swear slip for??? And does one of those students DISLIKE that you're a good teacher? I'm so confused. Oh wait...high schooler feedback. No longer confused.

p.s. loved the middle school observations too. Carry on!